Yeah, I’m thinking I’m back.
I remember the tag line for the 2005 film Sin City: “Walk down the right back alley in Sin City and you can find anything.” If your LEGO City is like that, then you may need the services of the custom minifigures.com John Brick.
John is based on the John Wick character from the same-titled films. Therefore, he is the Minifigure to hire for the scary jobs. As all figs from minifigures.com, John features superb, high resolution printing. Prepared for the job, he comes equipped with a BrickArms pistol and a custom continental coin.
You keen on earning a coin?
I received my John Brick directly from headquarters. To be honest, my other Minifigures are a little apprehensive having him around town. John told me he needs to be in a LEGO City where he can get regular, ahem, contract work. I’ve decided to partner with him to help him get where he is going. But John needs to know he is going to the right place. To that end, we devised a contest, a battle-royale, if you will.
To win your very own John Brick from me to you anywhere (almost*) in the world, here is what you must do:
- Design and build living quarters for John Brick. He needs a comfortable space to live and rest from work. I want your creative take on what that looks like. Use any elements or embellishments you like, but keep it in the LEGO family.
- Take a high quality photo of those living quarters.
- Email that photo and a brief description of the amenities to me at PhilRedbeard at gmail dot com
- Entries must be received no later than May 12. The US release date for John Wick 3 is May 17. That gives you a little more than two weeks to build and submit. With standard shipping* you should receive your John Brick very close to the US release of the upcoming film.
There are a few rules to follow.
- You are restricted to a footprint of 16×16 studs. (There’s a convenient LEGO plate for that, or you can use whatever you have, obviously.) You can build up as high as you wish, but no broader than 16×16.
- Please only send in one (1) submission including only one (1) photo attachment.
- Please send a standard photo format (jpg preferred). Do NOT send any links: I won’t click on them.
- Please do NOT send anything else.
- Any deviation from these rules will result in disqualification.
- Any purchase will NOT aid your ability to win. (Though firestartoys.com does have some awesome bricks to work with.)
How may I be of service?
As the judge I will choose three (3) finalists, of which one (1) will be declared the winner. After posting the finalists and announcing the winner, I will then contact you for a mailing address and mail* you your very own John Brick.
Should I need assistance choosing a winner, at my prerogative I will ask my colleagues for their input.
*I will ship almost anywhere in the world from the United States. Individual countries have unique shipping laws, which may include import fees, taxes, etc. I will endeavor to ship at no cost to you, but that may not be possible. If there is any complication I will contact you directly to work out a solution. Thank you for your understanding. The photo to the right shows the *actual* John Brick you will receive. I have been keeping him in his packaging to keep him (and my other LEGO citizens) safe.
Get out there and get building. I look forward to what we can build together!